Tag Heuer is one of the most well-known Swiss companies that is known for offering luxury watches, eyewear, and other fashion products. The watch brand with its slogan “Swiss Avante-Garde since 1960” has made a name for itself in the timepiece industry. Tag-Heuer watches are known for their best quality and are luxury watches preferred by discerning customers.
About the brand
The brand was launched in 1860 by Eduouard Heuer. It was then called Heuer watchmaking Inc. and was headquartered at St. Imier in Switzerland. The first wrist chronograph was launched by the brand in 1914. The company kept making many innovations over the years helping them to establish themselves in the market.
In the 1950s they started making watches for the retail giant Abercrombie & Fitch. Heuer introduced timing devices for Formula One and other racing events. The brand’s watches were mainly targeted at racers. Their watch was the first to enter space with astronaut John Glenn wearing the watch when he went to space on Mercury Atlas 1965.
A major change occurred in 1985 when Heuer was acquired by TAG (Techniques d’Avant Garfde), makers of high-tech products for racing cars. The brand was then renamed as TAG Heuer. In 1999, LVMH became the majority stakeholder in the company.
Collections and models
Tag Heuer HK like in other countries has become popular thanks to its branding as a quality company producing luxury watches. With a history of innovation and a strong connection to the world of racing and sports, the watch has been popular for many years. Originally created for race car drivers and used by astronauts, the Tag Heuer watch has acquired a cult status today and is popular among all types of customers.
1) Connected modular watches
The Tag Heuer Connected watches are part of a new collection. The watches in this collection include high-performance watches made using cutting-edge technology. The watch comes in both steel case and titanium case options. The watch is available in steel bracelet and rubber strap options. The watches are 45 mm in diameter. They have a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal case.
The connected watches have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. It has GPS inbuilt along with GLONASS and QZSS. Your workout sessions become more effective and you can keep a track of your heart rate, pace, distance covered, route, etc. The integrated sensors used take connectivity to the next level.
2) Formula 1 watch collection
The Tag Heuer Formula 1 collection is inspired by motor racing and has watches for both men and women. One of the unique features of this watch is that it is the only series that has the TAG Heuer shield emblazoned on it. The watch is available in both quartz-powered and automatic options. This watch belongs to the same series worn by racing legends like Ayrton Senna. It has a diameter of 43 mm and is available in different options. There are also 41 mm watches available as a part of this collection.
It is shock-resistant and has passed 60 different quality tests before it reached the market. The youthful and sporty watches are tough and best suited for all types of conditions. The ladies watches in this collection are stylish. They have a unique feature that allows the watch to be changed from a sporty look to an elegant look with just one click to change the strap.
3) Carrera Collection
The Tag Heuer Carrera watch is considered a classic watch. It was initially launched in 1963 by Jack Heuer. After TAG took over the brand, it was discontinued. In 1996, they re-introduced this collection in the market. They are available in chronographs and time date models. They are also available in different movements. Some of the top watches in this collection are:
- Carrera Chronograph with Caliber 16DD movement: The DD in the movement stands for day and date. The day and date included in the watch takes us to the 60s and 70s classic era. The 43 mm diameter watch is available with different options.
- Time and Date Carrera with Caliber 5 movement: This basic watch is stylish in appearance. It is a classic time and date watch offered with a leather strap. It is available in 36 and 39 mm diameter sizes.
- Small Carrera with Caliber 9 automatic movement: These are small-sized watches that are best suited for women. The trend that women prefer only quartz movement is belied by this watch. It is available in 28 mm diameter size.
4) Monaco series
The Tag Heuer Monaco was launched in 1969. The watch name comes from the Monaco Grand Prix. It is one of the legendary models of Tag Heuer that is an automotive icon. The square case of the watch is one of its hallmark features. Some of the top watches in this collection are:
- Monaco Automatic: The watch made famous by celebrity Steve McQueen has the Caliber 11 movement. It is also available in the Caliber Heuer 02 movement that has 80-hour power reserve. The 39 mm diameter watch is available in different options.
- Monaco Quartz: The Quartz model of the Monaco collection is one of the entry-level watches in the Tag Heuer collection. The watch diameter is 39 mm. The black iridescent dial comes with a beveled sapphire crystal. It has a steel case.
- Aquaracer Standard Quartz: The watches are available in 32, 35, 41, and 43 mm diameter sizes. There are various options ensuring that there is an option for everyone.
- Aquaracer Standard Mechanical Caliber 5: There are time and date watches that are water resistant for up to 300 m. The watch has a unique marine style. It is available in 41 and 43 mm diameter sizes.
- Aquaracer Quartz Chronograph: The chronograph watches have quartz movement. They are available in 43 mm diameter size with different style options.